I’ve been brainstorming new app ideas and I’ve been coming up with a list of qualities that makes for a good app.
- Thumb/finger friendly buttons
- Doesn’t use up all my battery life
- Doesn’t use up all of my data
- Runs fast enough that I don’t give up and switch to something else
- Does something that would be harder to do without the app —> MAKES LIFE EASIER
I feel like that last point is where we get hung up as app developers. It’s fun making apps! It’s fun adding functionality! But is it easier to do whatever it is we are doing on the app than it is on the website or using some other tool. That’s the real pickle we’re in.